Close to the city of Stauning, in the eastern part of Ringkøbing fjord, the German army started in 1943 to build a gun battery with 4 French 194 mm. guns. The guns dated from 1919 and had a range of 20 km. Three of the guns were set in open emplacements and the last was installed in a bunker (R686). Nearby bunkers were built for personnel and ammunition and the area was defended by machine gun and mortar bunkers.
The area is now partially on private land.
© Picture by Der Labile