Gun Battery Ristiniemi

Gun Battery Ristiniemi was built by the German Army in July 1941 and comprised four 155 mm. Guns, were placed in open cast rings and with a range of 19 km. The gun battery regularly engaged in artillery duels with gun batteries on the Russian side but in October 1944, the Russians advanced their front line and the position was abandoned by the Germans. The guns were blown up and the whole area was evacuated.

Today, the remains of the gun battery lie within a Russian military area and access is therefore limited.