Naval Gun Battery Arnöy

This gun battery was built by the German Navy in 1942. The four 150 mm. guns, with a range of 16 km., were built in 1917 by the German armaments company Krupp.

The battery was built on the northern part of Arnøy and the guns were installed in open ring positions. Fire control was from a large three-storey command bunker (M157); however, only a few crew bunkers (R622) were built before resource shortages stopped further construction.

Three of the guns are still in their positions at Arnøy.